For Over 50 Years!
Did you find this content useful? If so, please share!
Keep Cool with Regular A/C System Services
You may not give your vehicle's air conditioner a second thought until it fails you on the hottest day of the year. Take care of your A/C system before the next heat wave; Monro will help keep you cool with regular A/C inspections and service.
The ABCs of A/C
Your A/C system has four major parts that require inspection and maintenance:
- The compressor, mounted on the engine, pumps refrigerant (freon) through the system. This is your A/C system’s most important and expensive component.
- The evaporator, located behind the dash, removes heat from the passenger compartment and transfers it to the condenser.
- The condenser expels the collected heat from your vehicle. It is located between the radiator and the front grille.
- The dryer absorbs any excess moisture from the refrigerant.
The freon gas coolant eventually leaks out of the tightest A/C systems and periodically needs to be recharged.
The Coolest Technicians
- Monro Service Centers employ trained technicians and state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to maintain and repair your A/C system, regardless of manufacturer. Our technicians will pinpoint any problems and quickly return your vehicle to its cooling ways.
- The next time you schedule a servicing, ask for an inspection of these and other essential A/C components, including the system hoses, rubber seals, and, metal connectors. Each is a potential source for leaks.
- Schedule an appointment online for A/C service. Or, give us a call. Same day appointments are available. We're open evenings, weekends and most holidays.
For even more great information, visit our Learning Center section for Frequently Asked Questions and Car Care Tips!
See why more than 35,000 Monro customers gave us an 'A' rating in our Customer Satisfaction survey results!