You may not give your vehicle's air conditioner a second thought until it fails you on the hottest day of the year. Take care of your A/C system before the next heat wave; Monro will help keep you cool with regular A/C inspections and service.
The ABCs of A/C
Your A/C system has four major parts that require inspection and maintenance:
- The compressor, mounted on the engine, pumps refrigerant (freon) through the system. This is your A/C system’s most important and expensive component.
- The evaporator, located behind the dash, removes heat from the passenger compartment and transfers it to the condenser.
- The condenser expels the collected heat from your vehicle. It is located between the radiator and the front grille.
- The dryer absorbs any excess moisture from the refrigerant.
The freon gas coolant eventually leaks out of the tightest A/C systems and periodically needs to be recharged.
The Coolest Technicians
- Monro Service Centers employ trained technicians and state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to maintain and repair your A/C system, regardless of manufacturer. Our technicians will pinpoint any problems and quickly return your vehicle to its cooling ways.
- The next time you schedule a servicing, ask for an inspection of these and other essential A/C components, including the system hoses, rubber seals, and, metal connectors. Each is a potential source for leaks.
- Schedule an appointment online for A/C service. Or, give us a call. Same day appointments are available. We're open evenings, weekends and most holidays.