For Over 50 Years!
Did you find this content useful? If so, please share!
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Services
Stop by for a FREE tire check and air fill.
Your vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) alerts you when a tire is too underinflated. Don't ignore this important new warning system. Your safety depends on proper tire inflation.
- Prevent accidents. The NHTSA estimates that under inflated tires contribute to more than 600 fatalities and 33,000 injuries each year.
- Enjoy superior road control and comfort.
- Save money on gas. According to the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), you can improve fuel efficiency by 3.3%, or $0.09 a gallon, by keeping your tires at the correct pressure.
- Save money on tires. The tread wears longer when your tires are properly inflated.
- Check the air pressure in your tires about once a month. Don’t wait for the TPMS warning light.
- Use an accurate tire pressure gauge. Don’t fill your tires by look or feel.
- The TPMS alerts you when a tire is under inflated by 25%. Check your tires immediately and fill them to the correct air pressure.
- There are two types of TPMS warning symbols:
- An exclamation point inside a tire cross section. You need to determine which tire is low.
- A top view of a car. This system shows you which tire is low.
The TPMS & Tire Experts
- When you buy a new set of tires or have us rotate your tires, we include the transfer of most TPMS sensors as part of our One Easy Price® total tire pricing policy. Many competitors charge extra for this service.
- NHTSA requires a TPMS on all 2008 and newer model vehicles. If you are unfamiliar with this new warning device, we would be happy to show you the TPMS on your vehicle.
- Schedule an appointment online for TPMS service. Or, stop by at your convenience. Same day appointments available. We're open evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
For even more great information, visit our Learning Center section for Frequently Asked Questions and Car Care Tips!
See why more than 35,000 Monro customers gave us an 'A' rating in our Customer Satisfaction survey results!